Subject: Annotations have sent from CGG
From: "Victor Solovyev" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 02:37:11 +0100

Dear Organizing Committee,

I have sent gene predictions as attached files, if some problem with reading
will be, it is possible to resent them as included texts.

We  sent 3 different annotations CGG1, CGG2 and CGG3 and I think they are
have significance for different purposes and have different characteristics.
Therefore it will be interesting to estimate them all as different form of
annotation for different tasks. However if you need to compare or select the
best annotation please use ANNOTATION 1 from our group (it has CGG1 second
field in file: CGG1_Annotation_of_Adh.gff.

# ANNOTATION 1 (MAIN): CGG1 (use this file to compare with the other group
annotations) (file: CGG1_Annotation_of_Adh.gff)
#   Presented most probable gene structures 1 variant for any sequence region
#   Total 288 genes; 1115 exons; Predictions based on Fgenes/Fgenesh programs;
#   58 genes have significant similarity with known proteins, transcript marked
"homo"
#    2 other files (auxiliary annotations):
#    Annotation 2 (CGG2) (file: CGG2_Annotation_of_Adh.gff)
#      Presents most reliable list of Coding exons, that might be useful
#      to start experimental verification of genes using PCR primers; these
exons
#      are the same in fgenes/fgenesh predictions:
#      Total 598  exons.
#    Annotation 3 (CGG3) (file: CGG3_Annotation_of_Adh.gff)
#      Presents possible gene variants predicted by 2 programs Fgenes/Fgenesh
#      it is very redundant, but should have the highest coverage of real
genes:
#      Total 875 genes; 2900 exons.

Sincerely yours, Victor

-- 
Victor Solovyev
The Sanger Centre, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Email: [email-masked]  http://genomic.sanger.ac.uk
Phone: 44-1223-494799  FAX:   44-1223-494919