Subject: Re: Information on submissions
From: Matthias Scherf <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 18:37:54 +0200

Dear Martin,
 
> 1. List of credits (group members) possibly with affiliation, email
> addresses and URLs.

Dr. Matthias Scherf, [email-masked]
Andreas Klingenhoff, [email-masked]
Dr. Thomas Werner,   [email-masked]

http://www.gsf.de/biodv
 
> 2. A short 3 sentence description of your methods that will be
> published in the tutorial hand outs and displayed during our
> discussion of your techniques (see #3 below).

CoreInspector makes use of a universal sequence classifier which
is based on correlated word analysis (Scherf et.al. in preparation). 
The classifier was applied to predict initiators and promoter 
associated tata-boxes. Initiator/tata prediction was done by 
classification of 100bp sequence chunks, extracted from a window 
which was slid over the entire sequence with 95bp overlap.
 
> 3. Up to 3 paragraphs more detailed background information about the
> methodology.  (topics to mention:
>         A. Training data 

	  CoreInspector was trained on EPD Version 5.9  (Vertebrates
	  section) and several non-promoter sequences from GenBank,
	  release 110.

>         B. Version of program(s).

	  CoreInspector V1.0 beta

>         C. Running time of the program(s).

	  CoreInspector needs about 2 seconds per Kb
	  
>         D. Fully automatic annotations or manual interactions and if
>         so of what kind.

	  No manual interactions necessary 

>         E. What databases used for similarity searches and what
>         versions of these databases.

	  ----

>         F. Estimate of time and people needed for complete annotations.
	  
	  ----
 
> 4. List of References for used tools/methods

  CoreInspector (Scherf et.al. in preparation)

> 5. URL(s) of program(s) used; more information about programs/tools
> used (example: accessible over the Web, to download)

  A version of CoreInspector will be accessible over the web.

Matthias
-- 
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Dr. Matthias Scherf          GSF Forschungszentrum fuer Umwelt &
Gesundheit
Tel +49 (89) 3187-4061       Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
Fax:+49 (89) 3187-4400
E-mail: [email-masked]        D-85764 Neuherberg (Germany)

http://www.gsf.de/biodv,
http://wwwbrauer.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~scherf
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/